TO MAKE THIS SPRING ROLLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Rice paper sheets, special for spring rolls
- Vegetables of your preference, I´m using carrot and red bell pepper
- Green of your preference, I´m using romain lettuce
- Any carbohidrate of preference, I´m using sweet potato and regular potato but you can use rice or noodles as well
- Sauces to dip
As you can see Spring rolls are very easy to make and you can basicly put any ingredient you want in them so feel free to change something if you prefer so.
HOW TO PREPARE THE SPRING ROLLS:
- First of all you need to peel the potatoes and cut them into fries, add some spices that you like, I added salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic. Bake them at 180°C for about 30 minutes or until brown and crispy. If you are using rice or noodles, skip this step and cook acording to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cut your veggies into very thin strips. Once the baked fries are ready we can start assembling the rolls.
- Put some hot water into a big bowl and put one of the rice paper sheets in it, soak it for less than a minute or until it gets soft and put in on a plate and start filling it. First of all the greens, then the carbs and finally the veggies.
- Lastly, start rolling it like a burrito, roll until you cover the filling, then pull the sides in and keep rolling until done.
Now that the spring rolls are ready we just need a dipping sauce, you can buy them ready or just make them yourself. I´m having Sriracha and a vegan honey-mustard sauce, to make it you just need to combine equal amounts of maple syrup (or any vegan syrup that you like) and mustard.
Another amazing side to have with the spring rolls is vegan kimchi, I highly recommend it !!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you did please share it with your family and friends and follow me on my facebook page to keep in touch!