Pumpkin soup, doesn’t matter if its winter in Spain or summer in Australia, we always have those rainy and dark days when you just want to sit on the sofa with your blanket and watch a movie. With all that atmosphere comes the feeling of having a “cold weather meal”, like a soup or a cream, hot coffee, hot cocoa…
This Pumpkin soup is super easy and quick to make, no effort which is good because on those kind of days you just need “lazy food”
TO MAKE THIS PUMKIN SOUP YOU WILL NEED:
- 1kg of pumpkin
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Seasonings to taste, I’m using cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano and parsley.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Cut all of your veggies: Cut the pumpkin in chunks or 2-3cm cubes. Finely dice your onion and garlic.
- Once your oven is on the right temperature, put your pumpkin on a baking sheet with some olive oil and bake for about 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and soft. This time may variate depending on your oven.
- In the mean time, add some olive oil to a pan and sautee your garlic with all of your spices. For 1kg of pumpkin I added 1tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp of the rest of seasonings. You can also add some nutmeg or cinnamon to make it more wintery.
Let the spices cook for a couple minutes with the garlic so that all the flavours come together and the magic starts! after this add your diced onion.
When the onion becomes translucent is time to add the pumpkin, mix it well with your wooden spoon and mash it a bit with the spoon.
When all the flavours have come together add 1 glass of water and blend until you get the desire texture.And that’s it, comfort food, easy, fast and plant based for this cold days!