TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE YOU´LL NEED:
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of milk of your choice, I´m using oat milk
- 1/3 cup of oats
- Ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter or any nut butter.
I´m not using cow milk because it´s proven that it´s not the best choice:
- It reduces the levels of iron in kids
- It contributes to the lack of Vitamin E
- Produces mucus
- It´s full of fat
- Contains several amounts of sugar in lactose which makes it difficult to digest
Among others, so I prefer using another type of milk.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Add all your ingredients to your blender and blend until you get the desire texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
BENEFITS OF THIS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE:
- The oat milk is very easy to digest, it´s full of carbohydrates and monounsaturated fats that provide energy to our body. It´s also rich in Vitamin B.
- Bananas are full of potassium, which helps to transport the oxygen to our brain, contains Vitamins B6 and C. It´s also energizing.
- Strawberries are diuretic, which means they help the body to get rid of the excess of liquid that we might have in our body. They help our body to eliminate toxins. They´re rich in Vitamin C, which helps our body to remove bad cholesterol or LDL Cholesterol.
- Oats are very rich in nutrients, makes us feel full for more time, they help regulate levels of blood sugar. It´s very rich in fiber and it´s a natural diuretic.
- Peanut butter keeps us full for more time, it´s high in calories but it provides good fats (which helps us to eliminate the “bad” fats) and it´s very energizing.
As you can see this is a very complete breakfast that´s going to provide us enough energy for the workout and will keep us full til we finish our workout. It´s a perfect option for those days that we´re on a hurry. So yeah, this is it for today, I´m going to the gym know! I just had my smoothie, now it´s your turn!